Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Secret (con't)

I just wanted to let everyone know that I actually did watch the DVD for The Secret. It was a bit different than what I expected, and very much along the lines of self-help. Seemed like a lot of Christian Science propaganda to me, but I guess I'll make the bold statement and say that I think that it's worthwhile to see. I will probably only take about 30% of what they were saying and apply it to my life. (I actually did like the idea of the gratitude rock a lot). I'm extremely cynical/critical of what people have to say, and this is certainly a good example. I think that The Secret is probably great for people that have never had any sort of belief system implemented in their life before. I, on the other hand, attended Catholic school until 7th grade and grew up in a family with a huge belief system. So I think at this point in my life, I'm pretty much grounded and have figured out what works for me and what doesn't. Some of the people though are completely nutty though on this video. So I say, watch it for that (to get a laugh here and there) and apply what works for you to your daily life.

No comments: