Monday, March 05, 2007

100th Post!!!!!!!

Today is a celebration like no other. This is Adventures in LaLaLand's 100TH POST! Can you believe it? The fact that I've actually written 100 of these things? I was shocked beyond belief!


Since it's a milestone, I guess I should use it as a time to reflect...(since you all are always asking me serious questions about LA as well). So here goes...I have come to the conclusion that moving to LA is the best decision that I've ever made. I've made a lot of big decisions in my past, so this was a tough choice. And it's not necessarily because of what Los Angeles has to offer, but because of the person that it's made me become. I think that having a large group of friends and loving family on the East Coast is a huge blessing, and it was really hard to leave everyone. But at the same time, I think that it's very important to step out of your element at some point in your life to re-evaluate what it's like to be on your own and find out again who you really are as an individual. Sometimes you can get caught up in some of the societal nonsense and lose sight of that if you aren't careful. LA has given me that opportunity. Stripped of my close friends and family, struggling to keep things positive at my job, and forced into very new situations on a constant basis -- it's not always easy. But I think that everyone should do something like this once in their life. I've learned more about myself as an individual in the past 8 months than I have in a long time. I think that I've grown up a lot too. So I recommend taking a break from whatever you do on a daily basis, and even if it's just for a couple of weeks, get out there on your own for a little while to figure out YOU. Take a trip to Europe or Asia, or even the beach for the weekend if that's all that you can manage -- just make sure to take that time. Because it's important, and helps you to realize what is truly meaningful in your life. Some things might even surprise you. (Trust me on this).

So that being said, LaLa has been a good thing. And it still is a good thing. And I can't believe that I've posted 100 blogs. Seriously?!?! And of course I will continue to bring you all the updates as things further unravel in the upcoming months.
Stay tuned...

No comments: