Sunday, July 23, 2006

So What Have I Been Doing?

Cmorg, what have you been doing? Where have you hung out? Now let's remember everyone that I've only been in LA for 2 weeks. But some highlights are listed below...


I am lucky enough to have a few friends out here that "are in the business," including the one and only Julia Lillis. For those of you that don't know Julia (we know her as Julie), don't worry - you soon will because one of her scripts is likely to go blockbuster in the very near future. She is a Naval Academy alum who decided to take her experiences and try out the world of comedy. Last week, Julie hosted a show on Friday night at the one and only Comedy Store (right in our neighborhood). We had a blast hanging out with veteran comedians, and I will say that I thought Julie was one of the funniest people there. I mean really, when do the Erie jokes ever get old? Mistake on the Lake? Dreary Erie? (But seriously, the stuff that was hysterical is obviously way too inappropriate to post in a public space).

I was also lucky enough to check out my roommates cover band, The Alabama Slammers. Let me tell you - Mr. Greengenes and The NERDS could have some SERIOUS competition if these guys were on the East Coast. I was very impressed and had no idea that I was living with such a talented person. The great thing about this band is that they cover everything from Skynard to Snoop Dogg. My favorite was definitely Gin and Juice.

I'll post a picture of the band as soon as myspace recovers from the ANNOYING power outage that has shut down it's entire network. (By the way Tom, it's your time to be a hero instead of just a know it all).

I also hung out all weekend in Manhattan and Hermosa Beach. Both towns are equally likeable, but Manhattan Beach hosts all of the HOT surfers and volleyball players, so obviously I liked it a lot more. The only thing that I didn't like about my beach weekend was sitting on the 405 Saturday morning trying to get there.

No comments: