Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscar Watch

The ceremony ended an hour ago, and most of you have fallen off to sleep. I've finally cleaned up after my Oscar party, and am hear to give you my thoughts on what was overall a pretty great evening.

We'll be hearing loads of feedback tomorrow about the best and worst dressed, so here is my top 5 in each category -

Best Dressed:
#5 Penelope Cruz
#4 Cameron Diaz
#3 Keri Russell
#2 Jessica Alba
#1 Jennifer Garner

Worst Dressed:
#5 Renee Zellweger
#4 Ellen Page
#3 Jennifer Hudson
#2 Diablo Cody
#1 Tilda Swinton

Other rambling thoughts from the night. The whole Gary Busey episode on the red carpet was ridiculous - was he on drugs? I love Ryan Seacrest for the way that he handled it.

What was wet on stage? At least 3 people referenced something being slippy on the floor. People, it's the Oscars - do you know how much shit you'll be in if one of those A List actresses falls on her ass in front of billions of people? Whew, we are lucky that did not happen.

Sadly, I thought that the writing would have been a bit better, especially after the recent strike end. SNL was great this week, and I was expecting something of a similar caliber.

And finally, I'd like to give my sincerest congratulations to Scott Rudin, as he finally won his first Oscar after producing a long line of Oscar worthy films. IMDB Link Here For those of you that don't know, I interned for Scott in the summer of 2001, and although he is a VERY difficult man to work for, he's a complete genius and I can't think of anyone else in the industry that deserves that gold little man on their mantle. (And yes, in seeing him on stage accepting the award for Best Picture, I had a moment tonight where I was wowed at how awesome my life has been so far...)



Congrats to all of the winners!!!

No comments: