Sunday, November 04, 2007

Beauty Confidential: The No Preaching, No Lies, Advice-You'll-Actually-Use Guide to Looking Your Best

I made a new friend out here in LA a few months ago through Facebook. To those people that hate networking sites, this is an example of how they can help you with your career. On Facebook, I am a member of the Ivy Alumni group, and a girl my age posted a comment saying that she was moving to LA from London and looking to meet new people. Being the socialite that I am, I emailed her and we ended up meeting for drinks and some laughs.

When working for Ladies Home Journal in New York after graduating from Columbia, Nadine started a blog. On it, she revealed some insider information as to what happens behind company doors in the fashion industry. She was fired immediately when exposed, but because of all of the press around it, William Morris picked her up and she signed a two book deal with Harper Collins. This girl is pretty much my idol, and I would love to follow in her footsteps. She got lucky, but she is also very talented, and it was through her advice that I got my latest job with Relate Magazine.

This week, Nadine's first book came out! She was on The Today Show Thursday if anyone saw it. You can buy her book, Beauty Confidential: The No Preaching, No Lies, Advice-You'll-Actually-Use Guide to Looking Your Best on amazon.com or in book stores nationwide.

She also has a blog, that is SO MUCH better than mine. So for those of you that love to waste time at work, here is another site to read regularly. Once you check out Jolie, you'll probably never want to read my blog again ;)

Here is the link: http://jolienyc.com/

No comments: