Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fire Alarms

It's like the boy that cried wolf - the fire alarm goes off, and you don't even flinch. Is it a reaction from your freshman dorm as well, after countless people pulled the alarm drunk on the weekends? Maybe, you would just roll over and never think twice about it. But the other day I was in Bloomingdale's (shopping with JL obviously) when the alarm went off. We looked at each other and just kept shopping. But then I had a realization - what if it really was a fire? Was this my impending death? Clinging onto our Free People tops and Rock and Republic jeans, this would have been a sad way to go out. Or maybe not. I mean, thinking about more, if you are going to end up in a fire, I think that Bloomingdale's is where I would want it to be.

OK, OK, I know. Horrible thought. But don't worry, it was a false alarm. The only things burning that day were the holes in our pockets, and Bloomy's is still standing in one piece. But from now on, I'm going to make sure that I have at least one piece of designer clothing in my hands the next time I hear an alarm.

No comments: