Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Name that Celeb


Oh wait, that's right - you knew that I was going to his party! I cropped it to try to trick you. Didn't work, huh?

Well, today I am running on 2 hours of sleep (we did not get home until 5am) and I must say that an official Hollywood Halloween party is completely worth the agony that you feel the following day. In this town, it's the one night that people can leave their homes incognito, and blend in with the crowd. The launch party was incredible - it topped any Upfront party that I'd ever been to in New York. It was in one of the Gower Studios, and included buffets of food and drink, a hookah bar, dancers hanging from the ceiling, and many A list celebrities. My favorite thing though about the party is the fact that they made the entire studio smell like a burning pumpkin. I have no idea how they pinned it down, but I love that smell, and found it fascinating that someone actually invented a way to do it. Paris & Nicki were there, along with Mary Kate & Ashley - and of course Britney, dressed in a pink wig and giant sunglasses. Kevin rolled around the entire night with his posse and actually hung out with guests as you can see from the pic above. And I will say this - he is really good looking in person, I do not think that Britney is crazy. He's got a certain something about him. Although people.com gave the following report http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1553615,00.html, I'll tell you some behind the scenes info that I got from the party. Britney and Kevin were supposed to perform together - and I'm not quite sure what happened, but neither ended up getting on stage. For a launch party, that's extremely disappointing. I mean Kev, at least give us a little rap to make it worthwhile! The couple was fighting all night, and whatever they were arguing about kept them from getting up on stage. I would say that they probably aren't on the greatest of terms right now, but then again, I know nothing about the context of what was going on. Regardless, it was pretty cool of Britney to dress in disguise in order to give Kevin the spotlight.

And let's not forget about the parade in West Hollywood near my house beforehand. My roommate Kris and I had a party after work, and then walked down to Santa Monica Blvd. to take part in the festivities. I have never in my life witnessed so many people dressed up in costumes, having so much fun. It is known as the best Halloween party in the world, and now I know why. I'll have to post some pics later in the week, but for now - it's bedtime. Finally.

No comments: